Public Works and Sewer Department
Contact: 856-962-8300 ext. 307
4th and Cooper Woodlynne, NJ 08107
Public Works Pick up Schedule
In Woodlynne trash, recyclables, and yard waste are collected 1 day per week, Monday through Friday. Place trash, recyclables, and yard waste out for collection after 5:30 p.m. the day before or prior to 7 a.m. the day of your scheduled collection day. All emptied containers must be removed from curbside within 12 hours after the end of the collection day.
House cleanouts, furniture, carpets, bedding, and similar household items resulting from the sale of a house will not be collected by the township. Disposal of such items is the responsibility of the owners of the property or real estate agent.
Monday – Recycling Single –Stream no separation Cardboard, Paper, Bottles and Cans
Wednesday – Trash All Trash must be in an approved container and place the night before trash day no more than 3 trash containers and two Bulk items.
Thursday – Yard Waste (April 1st through September 30th)
Grass clippings must be in can or bucket. No plastic bags when picked up by the Borough
Branches must be tied in small bundles in length no longer than 4 feet.
Roads – To report a street problem or a pot hole please call 856-962-8300 ext. 307or 216
Leaf Collection – October 1st through December 1st
Rake leaves to curb – NO PLASTIC BAGS
Paint – Latex paint can be disposed of in the regular trash, provided it is first dried out by mixing with sand or kitty litter.
Water Based Latex Paint: Latex paint is non-hazardous and can be disposed of in the regular trash, provided it is first dried out.
Following these simple steps, you can dispose of latex paint in the trash, year round.
- Check the label for an indication that the paint is latex or cleans up with soap and water.
- Gather the following materials: cardboard box; strong plastic trash bag; kitty litter or sand.
- Place a cardboard box on the ground. Place a strong plastic bag inside the box, fitting the open ends of the bag over the sides of the box. Place sand or kitty litter into the plastic bag.
- Open the paint can and pour the paint into the plastic bag with the kitty litter/sand, adding more kitty litter or sand, if needed. Mix together with a stick or branch.
- Leave plastic bag open and allow the air in. Wait for the kitty litter/sand to absorb the paint. This may take from a few hours to a few days depending on weather conditions and the amount of paint.
- When the paint is dry, pull the ends of the plastic trash bag together and secure tightly. Discard the plastic bag into the regular trash.
- Allow the residue inside the empty paint can to harden and then dispose of the can in the regular trash with the lid off.
Snow – To ensure the safety of pedestrians, residents must remove snow from sidewalks following a snow fall. Please remember that children are walking to schools
If possible, wait until the Borough trucks have made at least 3 passes on your street before cleaning your driveway.
Shovel and/or blow snow onto the curb, NOT into the street.